UNIT 65

Today we did the technical side of our production chatterbox. We took turns setting up and running the lighting, audio and video and rotated each job around as the production progressed. The sound involved us setting up lapel mics and doing a quick sound check to make sure everyone on stage can be heard also running though the sound cues from the script. This was easy enough to do as we only had to put them in order though the QLab software and pressing a button as the cues came to trigger them. With the lighting we had to locate our pre-programmed recordings of light cues saved in the desk and adjust them to fit the new staging. This involved having to go through the edit menu on the avolites desk and selecting the cue we wished to edit then changing the parameters. Our video was also done through the QLab and only needed a run through of the pre-programmed cues.

 

IMG_2366 IMG_2436 IMG_2434 IMG_2433

UNIT 68

Chatterbox Set Up

We started by putting up the stage together and finding the best place for it to go. Once we had done this we put the legs onto it making sure there were even. We then set up the lighting rig by first setting up the stand that holds it all up and then putting up the bars. we then began setting up the cables ready for the lights. Making sure the lights were secured and their holders were properly set up and securing them to the lighting rig and putting a safety chain onto it before connecting them up to the power supply. We then got the T bars with our par cans on and set them up, connecting the cables to the power supply. We then taped down all lose cables to make the area safer. We then set up the speakers and connected them to the power supply and control desk. After this we would set up the staging

 

 

 

IMG_2335 IMG_2306IMG_2347IMG_2349IMG_2351 IMG_2310 IMG_2248IMG_2286 IMG_2237IMG_2255 IMG_2254 IMG_2224IMG_2276 IMG_2275 IMG_2274 IMG_2272 IMG_2259 (1) IMG_2254 (1) IMG_2252 (1) IMG_2255 IMG_2254

Unit 66 PMD123456 Evidence

We selected the fixtures 2x Par56 Short 2x Par56 Long per side. We chose to put the short par cans on the sides for an over all wash of light as they have a wide beam angle.  The long par cans were used to pinpoint certain people and placed in the center. I choose the color red for the gel as i thought this would work well with the show. I got a pair of scissors and a gel frame. i placed the gel inside of the frame and cut around the edges to not waste as much gel. I found the correct sized frame for the fixture, making sure it fit before securing it. We used a T bar instead of a truss rig because the lights wouldn’t fit onto the rig and the T bar seemed more suitable for this scenario. We removed the g clamps from the lights as we secured the lights directly to the bar.  We got a dimmer pack and placed it at the base of the T bar so it didn’t get in the way of lights and there was more space. We plugged the IEC Extension cables in and made sure the lights hod power and connecting them to the desk so give us control over them, and connected the dimmer to the 16A Distribution Unit. Setting thew channel on the dimmers so we have control. We tested the lights but had a couple problems such as  one of the lamps had blown and we had to replace the lamp, one of the dimmers was on the wrong mad and was controlling all lights on one channel and finally one of the dimmers wasn’t working which we concluded was the fuse.

 

IMG_1980 IMG_1981 IMG_1983 IMG_2003IMG_1364 IMG_2033IMG_2168  IMG_2169IMG_2166 IMG_2173